How can you use healthcare services abroad? Who pays for the treatment? Visit the updated Kela pages.
An updated section on medical treatment in international situations is now available in Finnish, Swedish and English on Kela’s website at kela.fi. The updated pages are part of a broader project to redesign Kela’s website; earlier in June an updated extensive section on international social security was also published. The pages include for instance information about social security coverage and payment of benefits during stays abroad.
– If you wish to obtain medical treatment while abroad, you should well in advance of your travel check how to access healthcare services abroad, says Olga Tarsalainen, the communications specialist who was in charge of the update. The updated pages provide clear answers to questions related to for instance medical treatment, reimbursement for medical care expenses and seeking of treatment abroad.
Handy quick guide provides useful information and tips
The updated pages also contain a quick guide, which gives an overview of how you can check your right to treatment and claim reimbursements for medical care expenses.
– The quick guide is intended especially for individual customers. The guides follow the new concept for Kela’s website and they have proven to be one of the most useful items on the website. For this reason we have published more of them, says Samuli Vuorinen, web communications specialist.
- The Choosehealthcare.fi website marks its second launch anniversary2.10.2017
- Kela forms for emigrants and immigrants available online25.9.2017
- Municipal decision-makers meet at the House of Municipalities: Choosehealthcare.fi will also be on location at the Kuntamarkkinat fair on 13 – 14 September 20174.9.2017
- Read more