Trips at the border of Norway and Sweden

Kela will reimburse your travel costs retrospectively according to a means of travel that is considered necessary. You can apply for reimbursement from Kela on form SV 128 for six months after your payment.

Return trip to another Nordic country

You are entitled to receive reimbursement from Kela if you are permanently residing in another Nordic country, you have become ill during your temporary residence in Finland and your illness requires you to use a more expensive means of transport for your return trip than was originally intended. The prerequisite is that you have been […]


Healthcare system The Swedish healthcare system includes both public and private healthcare services. Public healthcare is managed and run either by a county council, local authority or municipality who can freely manage and prioritize their own healthcare resources. As a result, healthcare service types can vary. Private healthcare services that have a contract with the […]