Moving Finland for study or research

Student health care School and student health care includes: Health inspections Health care services Medical care within basic health care. Studying at a comprehensive school, upper secondary school, vocational school or university of applied sciences The municipality in which the educational institute is located organises the school and student health care services. School and student […]

Moving abroad for study or research

If you move from Finland to study, for unremunerated training, research or post-graduate studies abroad, you are covered by Finnish health insurance for the duration of your studies. If you move abroad to do paid training relating to your studies, this may affect your health insurance coverage in Finland. Notify Kela of residence abroad longer […]