Trips at the border of Norway and Sweden

Kela will reimburse your travel costs retrospectively according to a means of travel that is considered necessary. You can apply for reimbursement from Kela on form SV 128 for six months after your payment.

Return trip to another Nordic country

You are entitled to receive reimbursement from Kela if you are permanently residing in another Nordic country, you have become ill during your temporary residence in Finland and your illness requires you to use a more expensive means of transport for your return trip than was originally intended. The prerequisite is that you have been […]


Healthcare system The Norwegian health care system can be characterized as a semi-centralized national healthcare system. The public healthcare system covers planned and acute primary, hospital and ambulatory care. Primary healthcare is the responsibility of the municipalities. The funds received for organising healthcare are not earmarked so the municipalities are free to set their own […]