Trips at the border of Norway and Sweden

Kela will reimburse your travel costs retrospectively according to a means of travel that is considered necessary. You can apply for reimbursement from Kela on form SV 128 for six months after your payment.

Return trip from another Nordic country

The health insurance institute in your country of residence will cover the additional costs of your trip home if you have become ill in another Nordic country and received medical care there. Reimbursements will be paid if a doctor’s certificate verifies that you require a more expensive means of travel for your return trip than […]

Return trip to another Nordic country

You are entitled to receive reimbursement from Kela if you are permanently residing in another Nordic country, you have become ill during your temporary residence in Finland and your illness requires you to use a more expensive means of transport for your return trip than was originally intended. The prerequisite is that you have been […]