Return trip to another Nordic country

You are entitled to receive reimbursement from Kela if you are permanently residing in another Nordic country, you have become ill during your temporary residence in Finland and your illness requires you to use a more expensive means of transport for your return trip than was originally intended. The prerequisite is that you have been […]


Sudden illness In emergencies you can also go directly to a hospital´s (sjúkrahús) emergency department. Show your ID to obtain treatment at the patient contribution rate. Persons covered by Finnish social security do not require a European Health Insurance Card when travelling in the Nordic countries. When going for treatment Iceland it is therefore sufficient […]