Return trip to another Nordic country

You are entitled to receive reimbursement from Kela if you are permanently residing in another Nordic country, you have become ill during your temporary residence in Finland and your illness requires you to use a more expensive means of transport for your return trip than was originally intended. The prerequisite is that you have been […]


Sudden illness The European Health Insurance Card is not required in the Nordic countries from people who are covered by the Finnish social security system. Therefore, receiving treatment in Denmark usually only requires that you present your identity card (such as a passport, official identity card or driver’s licence) or a valid Kela Card. Treatment […]